Being a parish school, the history of St Dominic’s is closely tied to that of its church. On Sunday, 30 September, 1954. Father Fintan Campbell O.P. celebrated the first official Mass for the new parish in the state school that stood at the corner of Odin and Scarborough Beach Roads. The Innaloo Parish was officially inaugurated on 1 November, 1954. In that year the school/church was built at the corner of Beatrice Street and Phillips Grove at a cost of 9,800 pounds. On Sunday, 6 February 1955, St Dominic’s School, with the church sharing the same building, was opened and blessed by His Grace, Archbishop Prendiville.